Monday, May 24, 2010

Not to BRAG...BUT...

MY BORDEN BOYS NEED SOME RECOGNITION!



  • FIRST of all: MITCHELL GRADUATED from ASU! What a stud muffin! It was a long an arduous road, and after 5 1/2 years of being married and in school, we are both relieved that it is OVER, and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it and NOT giving up, because believe me, we wanted to.
  • Next, Emmett has officially said his first word (DRUM ROLL, PLEASE) It's MAMA!!!! (And the crowd CHEERS!) Nothing warms my heart more!
  • FINALLY, a few months before his 3rd birthday, my two-year old Tyson is READING!!!!! WHOO HOO! I'm not exaggerating or lying. It's been at least a month since he's been sounding out and blending c-v-c words. He's known all of his letter sounds and the difference between capital and lower case for over a year now, and finally he's applied the practice of blending. Some days he has been known to lose interest in reading on his own after only 2 or 3 pages of a little BOB book, but the point is that he is learning how! AWESOME JOB, TYSON! He commonly reads sentences like: "Dot has a hat", but he has amazed me by also reading sentences like "Peg gets in a green jet." Should I use this opporunity as a plug for my preschool classes? Yes--send me your kid--I'll teach them how to read, and tell ALL YOUR FRIENDS! : )

I love you Borden Boys, way to be!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on account of all 3 boys! What an exciting week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have kids I will gladly let you teach them how to read. I do not have the patience for stuff like that. Congrats to Mitch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mitch and Debra Jo!

    Thanks for posting those wonderful posts. They are inpiring. We miss you guys so much but know that the LORD is using you where you are.

    Love Kimarie and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Mitch! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! yay! yay! on all accounts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!