9) Squishy & over-ripened cantaloupe left on the counter for only an hour after it was cut open. (The smell permeated the entire house!)
8) Laundry detergent...any kind....Yuck!
7) Men's cologne...any variety.
6) Men's aftershave...had to take a shower to wash off the traces of whatever got on my skin when Mitch hugged me good-bye and went to work.... In the same category is Women's perfume...any kind...I have been known to smell it ACROSS THE CHAPEL as someone walks in late, or ACROSS THE PARKING LOT when people walk to their cars.
5) Toothpaste...I brush my teeth as fast as I can and try not to breathe through my nose. Pathetic, I know.
4) Deodorants (men's, women's, freshly put on, or traces left at the end of the day...I don't like it!)
3) Smelly good things such as air-fresheners and Glade plug ins, or candles. I can only breathe through my mouth to survive these!
2) Hair products: hair sprays, shampoos (especially Suave), baby shampoos & conditioners
AND THE NUMBER ONE WORST SMELL EVER COMES FROM....
1) HAND AND BATH SOAPS (in both bar AND gel forms)! Can you say GAG FEST?! I have been gagging on these smells on or off of the so called "miracle" Zofran pill. It's so weird to me that something that's supposed to make our lives better, and cleaner, actually causes me to have my stomach in knots. How could something like that make me puke? I don't know, either. To say that these smells are overwhelming is an understatement. They linger LONG after the shower or hand washing experience is over--especially to my specially equipped nose with Ninja Smell!
And although my life is dramatically different now that I cannot handle practically ANY smell on this large and wonderful earth, I am grateful and excited to be carrying another little one of Heavenly Father's children! I just made it to the 2nd trimester, and let me tell you, the 1st trimester felt REALLY LONG. I would dare say that except for the pregnancies I've lost, it was the most difficult 1st trimester of any pregnancy I've ever had. I'm hoping for a little nausea reprieve soon so that I can feel like a functional mother again. : )