Monday, January 21, 2013

The Solution

The movie Cast Away is one that has left an impression on my family for a long time.  There's this part in the movie when Chuck Noland and Kelly Frears are in a work room and his work schedule has been so hectic and she's working on her thesis, and they can't even enjoy the holidays together like they want to because their time keeps getting interrupted by their on-the-go, stressful schedules.  And when they're together in the work room, he holds her in his arms and starts swaying back and forth as they dance to the sound of the copy machine. 

I remember watching this movie with my father one time, he seemed to get almost choked up and slightly teary eyed as he said, "Aw, that's sweet--they're dancing to the tune of the copier."  At that time I thought it was interesting that particular scene would stand out to him.

Well, I am there.  I have reached a part in my life where the idea of that work room scene makes me cry.  I get it.  This last month, I have felt pushed to the brim--the very max of what I can handle--and Mitch is doing ALL he can to take care of his responsibilities to the best of his ability.  We have been blessed with a hectic, on-the-go, crazy schedule.  And every once in a while, amid the chaos, you might find him, holding me in his arms as we sway back and forth to the tune of the washer and dryer, or to the sound of distant traffic as he hugs me on the driveway.  Sometimes he sings songs to me that made him think of me as he was driving around for work, and I just tear up right away, as he transforms the most unromantic of places into a cherished memory.  I love him so much--I would follow him to the ends of the earth.  I thank my Father in Heaven above that I have him in my life.

"Well I came home,
Like a stone,
And I fell heavy into your arms,
These days of dust
Which we have known
Will blow away
With this new sun...
...I will wait for you."
--Mumford & Sons
 
 
One more thought--we have been sucked into the Once Upon a Time TV series.  We watched all of Season 1 together.  One of my favorite episodes is with the Mad Hatter, and his most poignant line is something like: "You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants some magical solution to their problems, but everyone refuses to believe in magic."
 
I have realized lately (thru all of the chaos we've had) that LOVE really is MAGIC, and that love is the magical solution to our problems.  LOVE can break the curse--any curse that you might be experiencing.  We need to seek for it, harbor it, and express it often to others, or they might forget that the magic really exists.
 


5 comments:

  1. Feeling my hands start shaking Hearing your voice I'm overjoyed I'm sorry but I have no choice You're only getting better Maybe you have your reasonsMaybe you're scared you'll be let downAre you crying when there's no one around Then maybe, maybe if you hold me Baby, Let me come over I will tell you secrets nobody knows I cannot over state it, I will be overjoyedThat smile on your face like summer The way that your hand keeps touching mine Let me be the one to make it alright And maybe, maybe let me hold you Baby, let me come over I would tell you secrets nobody knows I cannot over state it, I will be overjoyed And if you want we'll share this life anytime you need a friend I'm gonna' be by your side Nobody understands you well, I do So maybe let me hold you baby let me come over I will tell you secrets God only knowsI cannot over state it, I will be overjoyed Baby let me come overI would tell you secrets nobody knows I cannot over state it I will be overjoyed I will be overjoyed I will be overjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect Debra Jo. I feel the same way about love being the magic solution to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't having a husband the greatest thing in the entire world? i think it took me longer than it should have to really, truly figure that out. that's actually a really good line, and it's so true. and love really is magic.

    love ya deej!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that, boys and girls, is real love and romance. Not Zales Jewelry ads, not Victoria's Secret, not even Hallmark.

    This.

    Makes me proud to be a Borden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!