Sunday, May 11, 2014

Three of My 3-Second Moments that Make me Love Being a Mother

 
Motherhood is not for the faint of heart, but when it's all said and done, the hard and gruelling sacrifices fade into nothingness when you get a 3-second gem that makes everything you do WORTH IT!
Here are just three of my 3-second moments that make me love being a mother:
 
Last month, Tyson gave me a great big hug and told me, "You're the best mom in the world!"
"Aw, thanks son!"  I squeezed him back and shared the same adoring smile.
Then he explained: "I wouldn't say that's a fact.  But it's an opinion!"

.....Uh....thanks again?  :)
----------------------------------------------

A couple days ago, I was walking by my boys' room.  They were talking, and I heard Emmett say to his big brother, "Heavenly Fahver is really real!"  I don't know why he felt to share that out of the blue, but it made me so happy inside.

It also makes me happy that he doesn't say "th" very well.  Like when he blurts out, "Happy Muhver's Day!"

---------------------------------------------

Miles cannot say "I Love You", but he tries to sign it, and it's the most darling thing I've ever seen.

 
  His fine motor skills are still developing, so his pinky & pointer fingers don't necessarily stand up the way they should for the "I Love You" sign...and neither does his thumb, but we all know what he means, and his own little "I love you" sign that looks like an "e" melts my heart every time.
 
Every day can be like Mother's Day with sweet children like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!