Thursday, September 17, 2009

...And I Thought I Loved You Then

Today is our 5th Wedding Anniversary! Mitchell re-arranged a crazy work & school schedule so that we could celebrate our day on the actual anniversary date. That meant a lot to me. He started the day out by cutting our watermelon in heart shapes. :) What a sap!
He found a baby-sitter (my mother-in-law, Myrna), and took me out to lunch at Macaroni Grill and dessert at Neilson's Frozen Custard. 5 years ago, we had planned everything for our wedding day to a T, except for lunch. We finished pictures at the temple and realized we didn't have lunch planned. We ended up at Macaroni Grill that day in our wedding clothes with Darby, our cousin & photographer. It was fun. We actually haven't been back there until today.

I think about the last 5 years and I just want to cry (with happiness of course). Mitchell has filled my life with so much joy, and because we got married we have experienced so many fabulous things together. I love our little family of 3 (soon to be 4). I thought I loved Mitch 5 years ago, and the love I have for him now is so much deeper than I thought it could be. I thought it was as deep as it could go already, but I had no clue about how it could just keep growing.

Me & Mitch last year.


This photo above is an accurate description of how crazy I've made his life (my crazy schedule, habits, and whims have infiltrated everything we do together). This photo below shows how sublime he's made my life.


I love you so much, Babe!


We're so lucky we got to start our journey together on September 17, 2004 by being sealed in the Mesa, AZ temple. Eternity has got to be amazing if these last 5 years have been so wonderful. I can't wait so see where it takes us!




We had the coolest wedding cake EVER.







8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you guys! I remember being at your wedding and how cute the little old man that performed the sealing was and how adorable you and Mitch were. i remember you guys saying that you would never fight, so I wanna know...have you? You guys are the cutest ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about having no idea how much love is going to grow after you get married...that totally touched my heart. I look back at myself and laugh! Thanks for sharing, happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Luckily for me, Mitch is pretty level headed, so it's really hard to pick a fight with him. : ) We've definitely had disagreements, but we can compromise pretty well & we never yell and fight. We've held true to never making one or the other sleep on the couch or anything like that. Really, though, I think Mitch is the most responsible for all of this, because he can stay rational when I'm an emotional wreck. LOL He's my saving grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I remembered and called you on the actual day! I didn't remember until I was talking to you though!!! Happy 5 years! Hope my husband is just as awesome, hard working, and loving as yours! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats you guys! I am so happy for you. You are really such a sweet couple and I love reading about the life you've built together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad to have you in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you guys. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!