Saturday, July 10, 2010

Top Five....

Some of our favorite moments with Tyson in the past month or so:

  1. A little while ago, we were driving to Sunday dinner at the Borden's, and we saw several different horses--which made for quite an exciting ride as Tyson exclaims joyfully with each animal he sees. Mitch asked Tyson, "Which is your favorite, the white horse or the brown horse? He paused for a minute and then responded, "Uh, cow is my fwavwit." (His tone kind of said, "Duh!")
  2. There was a day a few weeks ago where Tyson would repond to practically anything, "Wewl, I am twoo and I DON'T CARE!"
  3. Tyson and Emmett both got sick recently, and part of that included a disgusting booger nose. It seems we were constantly wiping their noses. The other day, I picked up Tyson, wiped his nose off (no questions asked), and for the next 3 minutes he cried his head off. Finally, I got him to use words instead of whining. This is what he said, "Mommy, give me my boogers back!!!!!" I thought--"You've got to be kidding me!" I simply couldn't keep a straight face.
  4. Earlier today, Mitch was making himself a burrito and Tyson decided, "Daddy, I want a cheese christmas!" (He meant cheese crisp, haha!)
  5. This one is so silly to me. We were leaving Hamilton Pool a few hours ago. Tyson had been stomping on tiny little ants when we first arrived. Apparently in defense of the ants when we grabbed our things to go, he grabbed a rock to mash them. We made it all the way to the car, and Tyson held up his mashing rock to me and said,

"Mommy! Look at the ant I killed!" I had to squint a little bit before I could see the tiny speck on the corner of the rock. "Wow!" I said. Climbing in, Tyson said, "Hold him! I want to take him wif."

Can you see the tiny speck in the corner? His (the ant) legs are aiming towards the ceiling.

This is probably the most serious accomplishment Tyson's ever had in defending himself against an insect of any sort. He cracks me up!

Thank Heaven for Little Boys! I don't think I've ever laughed harder than in the moments he comes up with something so random I could have never foreseen it. I love you, Tyson!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute Deej!! I LOVE when they are at this stage and have personality of their own. He is one smart kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These stories are hilarious!! Tyson is so cute D-jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those stories. Poor little ant got smashed. Maybe he won't kill anymore ants now. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. little boys are the best!!! I LOVe the age from 2-5...they are always cracking ya up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!