Saturday, May 21, 2011

Looks Like They Survived ; )


I'm not going to lie--I was a little nervous to send BOTH of my children to the Father & Son's Campout.  Tyson has attended the yearly campouts since before he could walk.  Last year Tyson wasn't quite potty trained and Emmett was even younger than when Tyson got to go for the first time, so we kept the baby home.  Both Mitch and I were tempted to keep Emmett home again this time, and it wasn't until last second that Tyson asked if his brother could please go, too.  Mitch asked Emmett if he wanted to go camping and he responded, "Yesh!"  And so it began--Emmett got to with Mitch & Tyson, and somewhere, Daddy found a third "camping hat"...I have no idea why those hats are the kind you "HAVE" to wear when you camp, but it's tradition now.


 Tyson wouldn't let me load his camping chair.  He wanted to do it himself. : )
 I'm so proud of Mitch for getting a group shot on the actual campout, since that's never happened before when I've sent him with the camera, haha!
 Looks like they got fed while on the campout. : )
Emmett was probably the youngest camper, but he did just fine and was good.  Mitch stayed close by him, which made me happy since he's a quiet kind of wanderer.
 Apparently Tyson walked around camp and each time he saw poop on the ground, he called it "hyena poop", and about 30 feet away from their tent, there was a deer leg on the ground.  Mitch said that Tyson and his friend Kevin got in a little fight over what killed the deer.  Tyson was CONVINCED a hyena ate the deer, and Kevin said that it was a lion.  To a 3 year old, those are FIGHTIN' WORDS!  Hahaha!

Tyson also recounted that he and Max and Kevin were playing, and that they had pretend stick guns and some one shot it in the air, and when he made a funny face like he died (with his tongue stuck out as he looked up to the sky), that his friends all laughed and thought it was funny.  Oh my gosh, it's so cute that he cares that he was able to make his friends laugh.  I love my kids!

 They were on the road this morning by 9:45am and both kids were already zonked out.
Too bad Emmett fell asleep before he ate the rest of that cookie.  I had one of the extras and they were GOOD!
And Daddy followed suit as soon as he could.  : )  I don't think he really got to sleep last night.  He worries so much about the kids not getting cold that he hardly sleeps on the campouts, and the air mattress fell flat, so he wasn't very comfortable anyway, and he was afraid that if he moved at all, it would wake up the kids. : )  What a GREAT DADDY!  He cares more about his kids than he does himself.  I'm so glad he made the trip this weekend.

One of my favorite quotes was from my own Father.  Last night I was killing time at their house--we watched a movie until almost 2 am, and were talking about "Da Boys", and my dad said he remembers when he took Heber around that age to a campout.  "It's harder than you think," he said.  My mom and I had to laugh.  Moms are usually VERY AWARE of EXACTLY how hard it is to take kids anywhere.  It was so cute.  I'm grateful, though, for a husband who is willing to find out just how hard it is, and also how rewarding it is to spend quality time with his kids.  I love you, Mitch.



4 comments:

  1. Ha! how cute!! I love camping- I'm so glad for schol to be out and for camping season to begin- yee haw! PS- I totally would've eaten that cookie right out of my kid's hand if they fell asleep half-cookied like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you boys!! And Yes Mitch is a GREAT dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad they survived too! What a fun campout! And way to go Mitch for taking some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad's comment cracks me up! Yeah, Mom's are usually quite aware of how difficult kids can be, even when you keep them AT HOME! Goodness.

    Todd was thinking about taking Garrison, but it was my birthday weekend and I kinda got gypped. Bad dad, great hubby. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!