Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Believe it or not, it Scared me to...

...plan my first ever girl's trip with my mom and sister(s).  Jodi and I had specifically been saving up, I found awesome airfares, we convinced my mom to go with...and then FOR DAYS I had to talk myself into actually clicking the purchase button.  I told Mitch that I felt like a little inexperienced, unadventurous person.  Don't get me wrong.  I love taking trips.  But after 7 years of marriage, this was the first big trip I'd ever taken on my own.  I've gone to the cabin before without Mitch, to hang out with my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, but I've always had the kids with me.  Mitch on the other hand, has had multiple opportunities to go on guy trips without me or the children. 

So anyway, we would have liked to take the entire family out to visit my sis and brother-in-law in DC, but adding up that many ticket fares put the idea entirely out of the budget.  When I talked it over with Mitch and he said he was okay if just I took a 3-4 day trip, I was not only excited but almost terrified.  I know it sounds silly, but that's how I felt.

I got over those feelings, though, and made the trip, and I'm so glad I went! It felt so good to go visit Mike and Erin.  I love them so much and can't even tell them how much I miss them.  They're fun and spunky and  classy and trendy and loving and fabulous members of our family.  Not to mention they made amazing tour-guides.  Here are the memories:










































3 comments:

  1. what wonderful memories. love these photos. i love taking trips and sometimes even without david. anyways, glad you could spend time with erin, i'm sure she misses you just as much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your pictures...glad you were adventurous and took the trip!!! I LOVE GET AWAYS!! I have one planned the end of next month:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you came to visit! It was so nice to have family come in town and see where we live. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!