Monday, February 17, 2014

The World as They See It

This afternoon, I told Tyson to take the tied up trash bag to the front door.  When I peered around the corner, it was nowhere to be found, and neither was he.   After a while I heard the garage door close & Tyson announced that he threw the trash away.  I asked him if he got the bag all the way in the dumpster, because you know, the dumpster is still taller than he is, and he acted like it was no big deal that he was able to do that.  It's the first time he's ever done that on his own.  I said, "How did you do that by yourself?  It's like you're growing up or something!"  He explained, "Well, you know, I like animals.  So I have half of a grown-up bear's strength, and I have a quarter of my dad's strength!"

I didn't realize how macho my 6 year old is - it looks like I've got a permanent garbage boy - he's HIRED!

---------------------------------------------------

Yesterday at church I noticed that Emmett's arm wasn't through the arm-hole of his colorful, pinstriped, dress-shirt.  His wrist was actually through the hole next to the cuff.  I tried to unbutton the cuff so that I could wrap it around his wrist properly, but for the life of me, I couldn't get the buttons to come out of the button holes!  It was so ridiculous.  After 5 minutes, I finally realized that the buttons were sewn on so that NO ONE could EVER unbutton the cuffs.  Boy did I feel stupid.  He watched me intently the entire time I tried to work the buttons.  I finally had Emmett pull him arm back into his shirt and through the arm hole correctly and he informed me, "You need to practice, Mom."

----------------------------------------------------
 
This morning, I woke up to the sweetest little Emmett telling me, "You know, Mom, even though you love me and Tyson, we love you more.  I love you infinity square, infinity square, affinity square, affinity square, affinity square, square, square!"
 
-------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!