Thursday, October 9, 2008

Answered Prayers

You know, it amazes me that Heavenly Father cares about the little things. Maybe the lesson I'm supposed to learn is that all it takes for something to make a difference to someone is a little act of kindness or love.

I had a tire go flat the other day and my cell phone was lost. I was so upset & not strong enough to turn the bolts on the tire, and tried to drive on the rim, and gave up. I prayed that someone would stop, and shortly after, a very nice man named Phil pulled up with a kind smile to help me out. It meant so much to me, not only that my prayer was heard, but that a helping hand was extended by a stranger. Phil probably thought I was crazy because I immediately started crying--"You don't know how much this means to me; thanks for stopping." Being a woman has it's trade offs, you know (I don't know why I can't get a grip on my emotional rollercoaster ride sometimes).

In the end, I made it home just fine, happier than I was even before my tire went flat, and I had a greater desire to help someone, anyone else, too. I'm so grateful for the heavenly and earthly angels who answer my prayers. I am so glad that Heavenly Father sent Phil the other day.

1 comment:

  1. I like Phil. And you are not the only one who struggles with emotional rollercoasters....trust me girl! I think you are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!