Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thinking about Azure

This time last year, my family and I came up on a car crash in the White Mountains. A beautiful young woman, named Azure, and her sweet baby Eric were in a roll over accident. I will never forget being there that day, as more and more people pulled over, and Good Samaritans tried to save her life and help out in any way possible. Azure didn't make it, but her precious baby was completely unscathed and calm; that was a miracle I'll never forget. I believe that angels protected him because it was not his time to go.

My heart goes out to her and her family this time of year. My life is a better one because of what Azure's death & funeral taught me. It's amazing that she was the type of person who's actions and choices affected people for the better throughout her entire life--even in her death. I want to be more like Azure.

When I think about Azure, I think about these things: There are such things as miracles and angels (heavenly and earthly). Life is fragile. Make the most of it. Love others. Apologize. Forgive. Don't worry too much about the future, or wish for the past, but live each day as if it were your last one, and cherish every moment you have with your family--especially your kids. Choose the right always. God knows what's best for you; trust in Him, and live your life so that you can return back into His presence, again.