Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thinking about Azure

This time last year, my family and I came up on a car crash in the White Mountains. A beautiful young woman, named Azure, and her sweet baby Eric were in a roll over accident. I will never forget being there that day, as more and more people pulled over, and Good Samaritans tried to save her life and help out in any way possible. Azure didn't make it, but her precious baby was completely unscathed and calm; that was a miracle I'll never forget. I believe that angels protected him because it was not his time to go.

My heart goes out to her and her family this time of year. My life is a better one because of what Azure's death & funeral taught me. It's amazing that she was the type of person who's actions and choices affected people for the better throughout her entire life--even in her death. I want to be more like Azure.

When I think about Azure, I think about these things: There are such things as miracles and angels (heavenly and earthly). Life is fragile. Make the most of it. Love others. Apologize. Forgive. Don't worry too much about the future, or wish for the past, but live each day as if it were your last one, and cherish every moment you have with your family--especially your kids. Choose the right always. God knows what's best for you; trust in Him, and live your life so that you can return back into His presence, again.

5 comments:

  1. You are so wonderful D-JO. Life is such an interesting thing. Aren't we so blessed to have the gospel?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We love your blog! Hope all is going well. We have created a blog. Hope you can check it out at www.jkforever21.blogspot.com We would appreciate it if you could help us add some personality to it. Thanks!
    Kimarie and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you don't know me, at least I don't think I know you anyway. But I was reading your blog and I noticed your comments about Azure. I am her sister-in-law, My brother is her Husband Brian. Anyways, all day and for the last few weeks I have been playing in my mind the events of that day. I also came up on the crash after I heard the news and my family told me to go. I just was wondering if I could talk to you about what you may have seen just cause I like to know different peoples views. I don't know if that seems weird but I would like to chat. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debra-Jo! I love your blog! I really need to get better at this...I don't know how to do half of the things you've done on yours. You have a lot of really cool entries. Thanks for inviting me and it was nice to talk with you at Emily's shower! You don't know how much I appreciated being able to talk with you. I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again for honoring Azure. We, as a family, will never be able to thank you enough for your assistance and support during this past year. We have each learned some very difficult lessons in life. We will never be the same, and we will always ache for our heart to be complete again. Oh, how we long for the reunion with our beautiful Azure. I hope that some way, each person who assisted with Azure and Eric, will know of our gratitude for them. We are such a blessed family in so many ways. Our blessings are in such great abundance that we literally cannot "count your blessings" much less "name them one by one". Thanks again for the reaffirmation that there is first and foremost an innate goodness in mankind and a loving Father in Heaven to insure that at some point goodness will come of pain. I can't tell you that I always see that, but in my heart, I do know that it is true. Thank you for the card. You and your family are very special to us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!