Monday, October 20, 2008

Hawaii Days 2 & 3

Tuesday was beautiful. Even though the weather was stormy so it made it difficult to swim, the clouds created a gorgeous background at Sunset Beach. I'm really glad Lindsay made us pose for pictures so we could get some good ones. : )
This is my hottie-Mitch! I love that shirt!
You have no idea how hard it was for the 3 of us to pose on this incline. It looks easy, but we were almost falling backwards...the ocean was just waiting to suck us in.
Lins took us to this Thai food place...honestly, I can't remember if the name of the restaurant or the town is Hollyeiwa...but at any rate, I could finally eat with chopsticks by my last few bites! Don't ever eat next to Lins when she has chopsticks, because even though she's helpful, she's also a pro & her bites always looked better on the sticks than mine.
Small anecdote: We really were happy, but this is the point in time when my tooth began to hurt & the car had to be push-started. Thank goodness Mitch knew what a push-start even was. LOL
Lins was so awesome--she found us a place to stay within walking distance to the gorgeous Laie temple. I feel so fortunate that I had a chance to do a temple session with Mitch. My mom hasn't ever been inside & she's been to Hawaii on a few different occasions.
I must say that the temple grounds are stunning. The entire street leading up to the temple is a sight, not to mention the greenery, hedges, flowers, fountain, view of the beach, and Spirit on the temple grounds itself. We were also fortunate to have visited when we did, because the Laie temple will be closing soon for an 18 month rennovation. I hope they keep the Celestial Room the same--that was my favorite part.
Tuesday morning, we borrowed some boogie boards, and this was the sign we saw on ALL the beaches that day. Apparently it's surfer season & the inexperienced tourists might DIE. It's really not a joke, though, because we talked to Wyatt Buschschulte on the planeride home (he visited Kawaii) and the day he was on the North Shores there, 4 tourists died b/c they didn't pay attention to the signs. Mitch & I didn't mind sitting on the beach, though. Those waves were SCARY! They were 10-15 foot pipelines on the Rock Point Beach. A sight we've never seen before!



















7 comments:

  1. Debra Jo,
    That looks so fun. Its soo neat you got to visit Hawaii... I went with your Mom on her first visit and we had a blast.. Your hair is so cute i love it... And your blog is cool.. you will have to visit my blog and remember i am just a beginner and havent been doing it very long...see you soon Terri C http://kevnter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debra Jo! I miss you guys already. I'm really sorry I was lame and didn't get to do much with you. I was stressed out all week about the one accounting midterm I had, only because it was the teacher's who's classes I NEVER do well in. I prayed and fasted for it and didn't really feel any comfort until I went in to take it. I will know how I did later in the week.

    Thanks so much for coming to visit me! I know I was moody some days and I feel bad about that, my car breaking down, and the rain! My gosh! Monday was the worst day to go to the PCC. Ha ha! It rained off and on all the other days. Go figure! I'm really glad you came though and I hope you had such a good time. It seems like you did! And I'm really glad you got to use my car the last few days and do some exploring of your own together :) That plane ride home is quite the story. Oh my goodness, people can be so immature even as adults!

    Aren't you glad I took pictures? Everyone teases me for wanting to take a lot of pictures and then they all ask me for copies :) I should be a photographer. I always wanted to do that and I like taking pictures. The last one on this post is the best! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys got to go see Lins! How fun, I loved when we went and wish I could go again before she leaves.

    p.s. your husband is awesome for helping her with her car :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet trip! Too bad you didn't have room in your suitcases to take friends ;) I'm glad you guys got to go. It looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi D Jo! I found your blog and thought I would say hi! Isn't Hawaii great? It holds a special place in my heart for sure. Where are you guys living now? Tyson is so cute and so big!

    Lyndsay Winters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahhhh I want to go!! I so wish we could go Pick up Danny In March! It is so beautiful over there! What a vacation! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SOOOOO jealous!! I LOVE Hawaii!! I think that is my favorite place I have ever visited. looks like you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!