Monday, June 7, 2010

*Have you Ever Felt Inferior?

Have you ever felt inferior? Can I just tell you now that it's a LOAD OF CRAP kind of feeling.

Do you know where that feeling comes from? SATAN!

He can just go reside in Hades and leave me out of it.

I have no reason to feel inferior, and neither do you.

Look yourself in the mirror and shout it out:
I AM LOVED! I AM BEAUTIFUL! I AM WANTED! I HAVE TALENTS! I AM UNIQUE--THERE IS NO ONE ELSE WHO COULD TAKE MY PLACE! MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

or if necessary:

I AM A GREAT WIFE! I'M A FANTASTIC MOTHER! I AM A FABULOUS DAUGHTER! I AM A GOOD FRIEND!

You have a place in this world. There are people who need you more than you know. Don't listen to Satan & his crafty angels who whisper discouraging words in your ear. They're just a bunch of jerk-faces, and they'll never have what you have--a physical body, a family, or a mortal life to prepare us to live in the presence of God. Satan is a jerk because he kicks people when theyr'e down. Sometimes life's challenges have a way of making you question your self-confidence, and it's in those moments of questioning that you get bombarded with reason after reason to think less of yourself. KNOCK IT OFF!

Be confident in yourself. Be confident in others.

Find the good in others and make it grow.
Most importantly,
FIND THE GOOD IN YOURSELF AND MAKE IT GROW.


*Thanks for visiting Shrink D-Jo--That'll be $50, please. Haha! J/K

12 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you that this post couldn't have come at a better time? I have really had a hard week-month-year..... I think everyone need a pick-me-up and a wake up call as to where those feelings are coming from. Thanks so much for being my wake up call. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this just for me? Thanks, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have needed this at a better time!! im sitting here crying!! Love you cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had a lesson on this in Relief Societ Sunday. Cried all through it and again just now. You are an amazing person and we all love you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all you guys, too. I can't believe you all felt like this applied to you. That makes me feel better, because it helps me see that I'm not the only one being attacked in this way. We've got to fight back, girls! We can't listen to discouragement, because it's all around us and so overwhelming. It's so easy to believe the lies when they come at difficult moments in our life, but we're STRONGER than the Adversary, and we can WIN our battles!

    I was praying in the temple on Saturday and was having a hard time working through some internal battles and the answer that came to me surprised me, but made so much sense. My answer was, "What you need to do, Debra Jo, is find the good in YOURSELF, and make it grow." We know we have a divine nature, and individual worth, but sometimes it is easier said than done to REALLY apply our testimonies of those gospel principles to ourselves, and NOT applying that knowledge is exactly what will hinder us from feeling close to God and will hinder our ability to do the things that we need to do.

    I'm FIGHTING BACK! : )

    Go! Fight! Win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you D Jo! Seriously, I want to just copy this and put it somewhere where I can read it everyday. I always feel this way and often let that feeling get the best of me. I need to remember that I am a good person and that there is a lot of good that I can do in the world. I definitely was in need of this today! I do feel better knowing we all get like this though. If an amazing person like you can feel like that, than definitely not quite as amazing me is going to feel like that too! You are incredible and I'm lucky to know you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debra Jo! Ok, totally loved and needed that post right now. I have been feeling bad all day and Satan has been laughing with joy because of it. Well, now I'm going to make him cry because I am happy and feel better after reading that post. WE decide and WE choose our attitude. I choose to be happy the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post Debra jo! It was great to see you Tuesday! We really need to get together and do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so true, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh D Jo... you are so AMAZING and INSPIRING to me! I just LOVE you so much and I am so glad you are my cousin. Thanks for the great post! Oh and I loved the little fine print at the end! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thanks for your comment(s) on my blog. :) I appreciate the good ideas! Another thing my mom has told me (which seems similar to things you're doing) is to only handle things once. When the mail comes in, have everything ready to throw it away, file, etc., right when you open it. You'd think that having a mother with such good ideas would make me more neat, but I guess it's just taking longer for me to get it. :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!