Friday, September 17, 2010

My Fingers Hurt from Playing my New...

Baby Blue Acoustic Guitar!

Isn't she lovely?

I'm falling in love with the color of blue Mitch picked for me,
and I'm going to learn how to play a love song just for him!!!


So here's the story:  When I got married, I basically gave up playing the guitar.  I had to return the one I was borrowing to its owner...which is another story in itself.  So my brother in law, Brad, let me borrow a cheap one he had picked up on his mission, but unfortunately it would fall dramatically out of tune half way through a song & my musically trained ears just couldn't take it.  So here we are.  Somehow it's turned into 6 years later, and I've definitely been missing the guitar.  For many months, now, I have been saving up a few dollars here, a few dollars there for a blue guitar.  My sister, Erin, even let me garage-sale some of her stuff after she moved away & told me to keep the proceeds for my guitar fund.  We've been keeping a tight budget lately, and I figured that I wasn't going to see a guitar in my hands until sometime next year in the Spring.  However...

Mitchell Jay is so sweet!

For our anniversary, he's been supplementing my guitar fund here & there without me knowing.  It makes me cry just to think about his thoughtfulness.  He spent the last month or two plotting behind my back to find a smoking-hot deal through his friend, Seth.  Thanks to them, I now own a beautiful, brand new, acoustic with electric hook up, BLUE, Fender guitar.  He picked it up just yesterday and surprised me with it...actually last night. : )  He's so cute, because he couldn't wait.  I love him so much.

It's been 6 years since I've played a guitar, so I've got some practicing to do and some callouses to build back up, but I'm really excited!  Music is so crazy though, because even playing some basic 3 chord songs last night from my books took me straight back to my college days at BYU when my roommates would laugh at my struggling skills during my beginning guitar class.  I also remembered that they were surprised at the end of the session, by the songs I had learned...I know it'll come back; it'll come!   And it's going to be fun!

Thank you so much, Mitch!  I love you! 
"Our love is like a storybook story...." 

5 comments:

  1. Love it. I'm pricing handguns for Trent for our anniversary. Somehow your gift seems more romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of him to surprise you like that. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really is thoughtful! You're a lucky woman.

    I love the new family pic at the top. Your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitch IS sweet and you are one LUCKY LADAY!!! Happy 6 years Deej! Time FLIIIES!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!