Monday, October 25, 2010

My Eggplant Friend

I went to a local neighborhood Fry's store this past week on Tuesday. I was in the produce section choosing fruits and veggies for the week with my kids. I was in a good mood thinking about all the delicious things we were going to eat: grapes, bananas, apples, squash, cucumber, tomatoes, potatoes, green onions, etc.. I saw a lady near me grab an eggplant; we made eye contact & smiled at each other and I told her I love eggplant. "I do, too," she said. I told her I've only ever used it to cook Eggplant Parmesean and I asked her if she likes it Italian style. She said she normally cooks it other ways.


Only 3 days later, I showed up at the chiropracter and there she was ... MY EGGPLANT FRIEND!!!

I was so shocked by the situation--dumbfounded that at a doctor's office 30 minutes away from our neighborhood grocery store, complete strangers would meet again. It took me a minute to remember why I recognized her, but finally I remembered where I had seen her before and she told me I have a good memory. I really wish, though, that I would have asked her if she enjoyed her eggplant. : )

1 comment:

  1. Deej you are so funny that is a cool story and i love your blog.. love you guys....=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!