Thursday, March 10, 2011

His Last Day Being 0

Jenny (one of my best friends since 4th grade) happens to have a baby boy who is now one of my kids' best friends..."THE HUDSON HORNET"!  Well, today was a special day, because we got to spend it with Hudson, and it was his LAST DAY BEING ZERO (years old)!

I would like to say that we did something TOTALLY AWESOME today, but we just hung out at the house and in the back yard.  When Hudson comes to our house, regular life (feeding time, nap time, and play time) seems a little more chaotic, and a little more fun.  My boys love it, and they like to act like Hudson's bigger brothers...yes, Emmett tries, too, even though he's ONLY 6 months older.  They both lean down when they speak to him, and use big eyes, and are extra dramatic.  This used to freak Hudson out when he was smaller, and I'd have to take him to a quieter place for a few minutes so he could feel like he was in a calm home again, but now he just laughs at my boys.
Hudson makes this funny noise that his parents call the helicopter sound.  It really just makes us all laugh, even if he's crying a little while he's making it.  When Mitch is around and Hudson makes that noise, he calls Baby Hudson a "Baby Wookie".  I just laugh harder, because it sounds exactly like that!
Some of my favorite moments with Hudson:
  • When he was just a few months old, he was having a ROUGH morning, and I was changing his diaper and he was crying like it was the end of the world, and I said to him, "Hey, I'm taking good care of you.  You need to stop crying; you're okay!"  and he quit crying ON THE SPOT.  It was so cute.  I thought, "Well, if that's all it takes...." : )
  • A few months ago, Tyson was saying silly things that made no sense and weren't actually funny to me, but Hudson was laughing his head off.  I guess there's this baby/toddler language that they both understand, because it was totally over my head
  • A couple weeks ago, Hudson went to a Volleyball game with us.  I was worried the loud noise would upset him, but he was making little cheering sounds right along with us.  He was the happiest I'd seen him and stayed that way for the entire game.  It was so cute!

Hudson is a good little boy, and he's precious. 
We love him, and love having him come play with us. 
Happy Birthday tomorrow, little guy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!