My children have this deeply in-bred desire to tell each other--and everyone else--what to do. Don't ask me where they get it from. The truth is that they probably get this trait from me, but I'd like to believe this is just a phase of child development. Haha!
Here are some examples:
1) Emmett likes to make up words to try to make people laugh at his intentional gibberish. He's even tried it during prayers. Apparently he now understands goofing off during prayers is not allowed, because just yesterday TYSON said, "Amen-a-doh-doh" at the end of a prayer and Emmett immediately censored him: "No! You has be reverent!"
2) A few months ago, we were all sitting quietly waiting for the Sacrament, and for once Emmett was caught with his toys BEFORE the meeting and so he didn't get to sneak any cars in or anything like that. Clearly bored and trying to figure out what to do, he started holding his fingers like a gun and made shooting noises. Tyson immediately censored him: "No guns in church, Emmett". Mitch and I just looked at each other and tried not to laugh too loudly.
3) Mitch and I try to make sure we kiss each other before he leaves to work, when he gets home, and whenever else we can sneak one in between. Every single time we smooch, Emmett will yell "yuck", but it really ends up sounding like a growling, "Yuuuuuuugghh!"
4) Another time in church, we were sitting in front of the Endsley's, and their daughter Katie is only about a week younger than Emmett. Well, my little "angel" who makes plenty of noise on his own decided to censor Katie that week. EVERY time she made some sort of noise during church, he would turn around on the bench, look at her, and say, "Shhh!" I found this equally hilarious AND embarrassing.
5) And last of all, my children like to argue over who's in charge. Whenever my kids are playing and one tries to be the boss of the other we'll hear raised voices coming from the other room, "No! You not in charge! Mommy Daddy in charge!!!"
Does anyone else have children who torture each other in this sort of fashion? : )