Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All of It

I have some piano students whose mom also happens to be Tyson's nursery teacher.  As our friends left our house & told us how much they loved our fish, and hanging out with us for a little bit, I closed the door and Tyson had a serene look on his little face:

"Mom, I love ev'ryfing in my life," he said.

Could I be any happier?  That's what this whole grind is for, isn't it?  All the stress, long nights, worry, labor, planning, chores, church meetings, crazy schedule...isn't it all to bring me & my family joy?  Well, it is bringing them joy, and it feels so good to hear that from my son.  In one second I can forget all of the problems that afflict my mind, because his little mind is happy, and that's what it's all about.  His serenity is contagious.

I told him how happy he makes me, and that I'm glad he loves everything in his life.  "We should thank Heavenly Father for all the wonderful things he gives us, " I said.

Tyson smiled, looked up a little towards the ceiling, and in a sweet voice said, "Thank you, Heavenly Father."

And then he went off to play, rolling balls, making tunnels, chasing his brother, explosion noises and all.  And I am changed.


5 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever. It is so true, we have been given all that we have so we can find Joy in our Journey back to our Father in Heaven. :) Tyson is so precious... I just want to give him a big hug. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh, that is too cute. It just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its moments like this that make it all worth it . . . . . and make it easier to get through the not so great times. You will always remember this and treasure it. What a great kid he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Tyson!! He is the BEST Deej. Can't wait to be a Mom so I can share my stories with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!