Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All of It

I have some piano students whose mom also happens to be Tyson's nursery teacher.  As our friends left our house & told us how much they loved our fish, and hanging out with us for a little bit, I closed the door and Tyson had a serene look on his little face:

"Mom, I love ev'ryfing in my life," he said.

Could I be any happier?  That's what this whole grind is for, isn't it?  All the stress, long nights, worry, labor, planning, chores, church meetings, crazy schedule...isn't it all to bring me & my family joy?  Well, it is bringing them joy, and it feels so good to hear that from my son.  In one second I can forget all of the problems that afflict my mind, because his little mind is happy, and that's what it's all about.  His serenity is contagious.

I told him how happy he makes me, and that I'm glad he loves everything in his life.  "We should thank Heavenly Father for all the wonderful things he gives us, " I said.

Tyson smiled, looked up a little towards the ceiling, and in a sweet voice said, "Thank you, Heavenly Father."

And then he went off to play, rolling balls, making tunnels, chasing his brother, explosion noises and all.  And I am changed.