Friday, January 21, 2011

True Love is a Beautiful Thing

 Last night/this morning I was woken up by a phone call--Lindsay was on my doorstep.  I didn't know what for, but I obviously let her in, because she's welcome at any hour of the day or night.  I opened the door & Mike was with her...I don't know why I didn't catch the clue until she grinned and said, "I'm engaged!"   Haha!  I was so happy!  I gave her a big hug and the next couple of hours looked like this:

 In the digital age, it was necessary to use the lap top and announce to everyone on facebook the fantastic news. : )  Such a funny world we live in, but here I am blogging about it. 
Aren't they so cute?  They're so happy!
Last night there was a lot of texting and sharing the news.  They already have a date, and lots of plans. It makes me happy, because it's all a great plan!  Last night I was pretty much just happy & excited for them.  Today I've gotten choked up a couple times!  I'm so happy for Lindsay.  She's been there for me so many times, and I'm so excited that she's getting the desire of her heart--to marry a worthy man in the temple for time and all eternity & start the journey of love and family with with him.  We really like Mike--we've been routing for him since the first night we heard about him.  Since we've met him, we've just liked his personality and the way he deals with things, not to mention that he's funny & is an all around great guy and a perfect match for Lindsay!  He really does love her & he shows it.
Proof that we woke up just to celebrate. : )  Mitch's hair is sticking up a little, but you can't tell because half of his face is cut off, Haha!

I had an experience yesterday morning where I was feeling irritable, but really that means that I was being the irritating oneI apologized to Mitch a little later and he said to me:  "I love you forever".  What he said to me made me feel the Spirit.  I know he loves me & I know he loves me no matter what.  It made me want to be better and it made me wonder if I do the same for him--if I show love and express it even in the moments where maybe he feels like he should just be apologizing instead of receiving love.  I hope so--I hope that I fill the void he needs on his bad days and I hope that I express true love.

I think that's what love & marriage is all about.  It's about the good days, the bad days, and all the days in between. It's about having a confidant for anything and everything.  It's about service, kindness, and cherishing each other NO MATTER WHAT.

I love being married--it has enriched my life in ways I could have never imagined.  I believe I have found true love & that it's beautiful, and so when I see it in action in the lives of other people, too, (especially of a dear friend) it makes me get all choked up inside because I know that they'll be able to find the same happiness by taking this leap of faith and this wonderful step forward.  WHOO HOO!  It's so great! 
We love you and are happy for you Mike & Lindsay!  Congratulations on getting engaged!

4 comments:

  1. She couldn't wait to come beat your door down Deej! She came to our house and said she was going to your house and I said "it's late Lindsay" and she said "I don't care, she's my best friend and I'm going to go tell her." Thank you for being such a good friend to her all these years. You are our family too. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little wake up call for you. Such exciting news! And I totally agree with what you said about marriage. There will be lots of ups and downs but its so important to still love and support eachother no matter how hard it seems some days, HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good friend Debra Jo. I know your home is always open to friends in need. I have had to utilize it more than once. Marriage does rock and I am so happy for Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! I'm so so so so happy you weren't mad we woke you up!! Don't forget I was woken up to a dead sleep on July 9, 2004 when you got engaged!! Is that weird I remember that?! NOOOO!!!! I always remember dates and numbers, I'm weird like that :) THANK YOU for being so excited and supportive of me!! GREAT POST Deej!! MAY 14TH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!