Thursday, February 10, 2011

Time to Celebrate: Before/After Weight Loss

You're not going to believe this...maybe you will...when I get pregnant I pretty much blow up like a balloon.  I have no idea why & it's not really fair or fun...and trust me, no one on this planet is more acutely aware of how much weight I'm gaining than I am...when I had Tyson, at delivery I was 50 pounds heavier than before I was pregnant, and my goal with Emmett was to gain less than 50 pounds.  Well...that didn't happen...after the most difficult pregnancy I've ever experienced, I was a whopping 67 pounds heavier than before I got pregnant...that's a lot of weight for just 9 months.  A full 20 pounds of that was pure swelling that fell off within a week of having Emmett, but I was still left with a devestaing 47 pounds to lose.  I knew that since I lost my baby weight with Tyson, that I could do it again.  But let me tell you, it hasn't been easy.

 This is my before picture--Christmas Trees 2009...I didn't zoom in more, because I personally LOVE Stetson's face in this picture. LOL, and I didn't want you to get TOO close of a view of muah.

A year and 3 months later...  WOOT! 
Good-bye Baby weight!!!!

After blood (yes, blood--it happened hiking once),
MUCH sweat,
and yes...there have been tears along this path...
...here is my weight loss award acceptance speech:

I would like personally thank my husband, Mitchell, for being so supportive and watching the children at any hour of the day or night that I wanted/needed to exercize (and thanks to my mom for also helping with the kids & inspiring me to celebrate this milestone now instead of waiting a few more months until I lose x more pounds, because this has been a big accomplishment for me).  After many prayers for help, I believe that Heavenly Father answered my prayers in the form of the following motivating people with similar health goals:  my running partners including my DAD, and brothers Taylor and Heber, my "coach" & friend Ashley, and my friend Rachel, my Slim in 6 group: Kari, Pam, Carol, Ashley, Anjuli, my weight loss e-mail diatribe that included people already listed and Cherryl, too, all my friends from any of the Beach Body series--P90X & Insanity--I love you (wish I owned the DVD's, but thanks to Kari for sharing and motivating!).  I should also give a shout out to The Biggest Loser Workout Video, the fitness channel, the Spark People website, my sister's health blog, the gazelle machine given to me by my friend Meghan, Sue's treadmill, the most recent 10K race I participated in, and the heart rate monitor on loan from Ash.  And I mustn't forget to mention the website Operation Beautiful that helped me with my self-esteem along the way, Jodi's surplus of make-up that helps me feel pretty, and I need to thank the YW program for helping me to remember what true beauty really is. 
Seriously, you guys ARE THE BEST! 

*No thanks to the gym that fraudulently sold my membership to another company and cost me a lot of time and money fixing it...especially because it's the SAME gym whose child care center (in ONLY 1 VISIT, mind you) gave my children pink eye and the worst case of croupe that I've ever seen resulting in the depletion of our Emergency Fund at an ER visit to stop my baby's chest from convulsing and having spasms every breath he tried to take.   Also, no thanks for the 8 Weeks to a Better You program, in which I miserably lost my $20 and motivation, resulting in a few steps backwards (it was a nice idea, but it just didn't work for me).

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment. You have now inspired me to get out of bed and actually exercise today. You are beautiful. Very, Very, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! You ARE amazing! I'm very impressed. Losing weight is a hard journey and you have done outstanding! Thanks for being an inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imma let you finish, but I have to say that the best diet is doubleing down with strep and the flu.

    You are awesome babe. I am proud of you and glad I can help some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU GO GIRL!! It's your BiRfDaY! We gonna party like it's your BiRfDaY!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations girlie you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! You look AWESOME Debra Jo!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome! Way to go! That is a wonderful accomplishment and I am so proud of you! Now, motivate me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. What a hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. The ugh is for me. Tell me how you do it. Like your exact schedule. Gwen is 9 months old. I have lost 23 lbs. and have 60 to go :)

    I gained 40 with Isaac. (and never lost it. . . big mistake on my part). So I have lost what I gained with Gwen. But still have 20 for Ains and 40 for Isaac. I am just struggling. I get frustrated when i don't see results. Plus it's hard with three kids.

    BUT I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Way to go D-jo! You look absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. D-Jo!!

    I can honestly say I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND where you are coming from. I gained 50-60 lbs with all 3 of my boys...each time making it harder and harder for me to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I would retain SO much water it wasn't even funny.

    I am Super Proud of you. I know what a struggle it is to take that lovely weight off and to keep it off. Keep it up! Maybe one of these days when I am back to running we can do a 10k together!!! Love ya Cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s....I personally think Stetson's face in that pic is kinda creepy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so good! I love reading your blog (Thanks be to Aunt Tiff for having your link). I am almost done with my pregnancy and have gained 50 lbs yet again! I hope I can fallow in your path and get it all off. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, Mitch! I get it!

    NO, Kanye-Mitch!!! Back off--the microphone is mine, and your sickness diet PALES in comparrison to everything else that's helped me along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an accomplishment! It's a credit to your will power as well! Congrats lady! I like to reward myself for great accomplishments with new shoes... {{cough cough MITCH}}..just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fantastic Debra Jo! I am so glad you are celebrating this. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so adorable. And you look smokin hot. And I can relate... I gained about 65 pounds with Madden. You look great... good job woman! Oh... and even MORE kudos since you did it a HEALTHY way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh DebraJo! Congrats to you! What a great accomplishment. I can't wait to be where you are. You are so positive and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WAY TO GO! Losing weight is so dang hard, so I am so impressed, you should be so proud. You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha ha, oops... that was NOT Ashlin that made that comment, it was me... but I was still signed in as Ashlin.... though I am sure she would be proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats. That is a huge accomplishment. You look great. So exciting. I hope you celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been meaning to tell you that you look AWESOME!! Congrats on ALL your hard work. And just remember you have ALWAYS been a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for always being an example for me. Love ya cuz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!