Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Sister's Surplus of Make-Up

Surplus  [sur-pluhs, -pluhs–noun


1. something that remains above what is used or needed.

2. an amount, quantity, etc., greater than needed.



This is not a farce.  Everything in this tote and including the tote is my baby sister's SURPLUS of make-up!  I even forgot to put in one container of eye-shadow AND the extra powder before I shot the picture, not to mention that there are things underneath what you can see from this topical view, such as more eye-shadow, more mascara, hair-ties, and hair-pins. 

The day after Christmas I was helping her organize some things, and in payment of such service (which was not expected) she de-junked her make-up bag and gave me the extras that she no longer needed.  I will never forget the way Taylor's jaw dropped and eyes widened as he walked by vacuuming and watching her hand me piece after piece of this wonderful treasure. (Let me put this in perspective for you:  she threw away at least half as much as what she gave me, and she kept at least as much if not more than what she gave me.  Never in my life did I imagine that someone would own so much make-up for their own personal use, especially since the amount of make-up I previously owned was maybe about 1/3 as much as she gave me.)  And I am still AMAZED!

She didn't even need to give me a Christmas present this year,
because my new make-up tote will last me MORE THAN A YEAR!
(probably 2 or 3 years) 

Thanks, Jode!  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness I love that Jodi that girl is so dang beautiful she does not even need that much make-up. But I too can relate to the addiction to cosmetics its weird I know. Us beauty school girls gotta stick together!! Lucky you though DeJo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!!!! That much makeup would last me a LIFETIME!!!! What a sweet sister to share though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!