Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drenched in Gatorade

Well, I've got some catch-up to do, and I don't know how to back-post so my avid readers, like Merri  : ), are just going to have to put up with me talking about things that happened in the past.

Tyson is a FANTASTIC older brother, but now that Emmett is encroaching on his territory...talking, walking, having his own opinions, stealing toys, throwing things, etc...sometimes Tyson just can't take it any longer.  Well I decided to rotate some of my food storage and found that I had a whole flat of flavored drinks...it was like store brand Gatorade, and it had expired in 2009, but the kids still liked it, so we were drinking the drinks anyway, and each kid was so excited to have THEIR OWN entire drink.  Emmett accidentally dumped out all of Tyson's orange drink and so Tyson came inside in TEARS.  I thought it was no big deal to give him another drink of his very own since after all we're trying to get rid of the overly colorful expired drinks.  Next thing I know, Tyson had taken his brand new, full orange drink and dumped it in its entirety over Emmett's head.  That's revenge if I've ever heard of it.  I was so shocked that such rage could fill my 3 year old and thought it was so funny at the same time that I had to snap a photo of Emmett, who didn't mind waddling around a little wet in the hot summer sun.  Tyson of course got time out as well as lost his privilege of getting his special drinks for the rest of the day.  He learned his lesson (or so I think he did), but holy cow was it quite the parenting moment.  So glad it happened on the back porch.  Right? And not in the kitchen. : )

2 comments:

  1. I remember one time Brian dumped a whole glass of milk on my head when we were about the same age. It was in the kitchen, and it ruined the picture I was drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! If only I could make everyone feel guilty about keeping their blogs updated so I could have something to read while on bed rest! Keep em coming, Debra Jo! I love your boys! What a funny way for Tyson to express his frustration! Glad it was outside, and glad it was a hot day and Emmett didn't seem to mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!