Sunday, July 10, 2011

When We Both Turned 4

The night before our birthday, Tyson exclaimed, "Mom!  Tomorrow we're both going to be FOUR!"  He was so cute.  I couldn't help but respond, "Yes, son.  Yes we are!"

On our birthday, I finally tried to explain to him that I'm older than he is, and a lot older than four and he answered, "But you told me you've been a mom for 4 years."  How do you argue with that?  I finally decided to heck with being 27.  I'm going to be 4 again, and I've never made a better decision.  We have been playing with Buzz Lightyear, and Evil Dr. Porkchop ever since our birthday party, and I'm telling you LIFE IS GOOD!  I love being 4!

At the end of the day, my dad told Tyson to enjoy being 4 because it only happens once. 
I'm so lucky that for me it's happened twice, now. : )


Some cute things Tyson has said or done lately:
  • Mitch started the day out with Dunkin Donuts for us, and before Tyson could say anything to me, I told him "Happy Birthday".  His cute, thoughtful, little soul immediately responded, "Happy Birthday, Mom!  It's your birthday, too, Neemember?!"
  • We were playing a "Mad Gab" sort of game from the Friend magazine while we were on a road trip, and Tyson was so hysterical trying to guess what the phrases were.  One of them said, "Beak hind too yore pear ants (Be kind to your parents)" and he exclaimed "Put on your shoes before ants bite you!"  Another one said, "Fall oak hood ex ham pulls (Follow good examples)".  His first guess was "Scrambled eggs?" and his second try was "Follow egg samples".  We laughed so hard and wished we could have gone to Costco in search of food samples after that.
  • Another part of the game was supposed to be the phrase, "Talk about the gospel."  Tyson piped up: Our Bishop talked about the gospel in Primary.  Me: What did he say?  Tyson:  Um...all about the gospel.
When I think about the journey I went through in order to be able to have Tyson, it reminds me that children are a gift from God, and I remember His hand in my life.  There is a Taylor Swift song that makes me cry because it captures the beauty of what it's like to have children and family in your life.  I think about my precious kids and also reflect about the beautiful days I had with my parents all the time when I hear these words:
There is a video
I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen
And you're talking to me 
Its the age of princesses and pirate ships
And the seven dwarves
Daddy's smart
And you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world 
Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
And you were on my side
Even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine 
And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day
With you today
I love my family.  I love my husband, my children, and remembering my childhood, and I love all the things they do for me to make my life beautiful!
Thanks, Tyson, for giving me the best day, today and every day.  I love my birthday buddy!

3 comments:

  1. so very precious!! My youngest shares a birthday with his dad they think it is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday D-Jo and Tyson!!! I love this post! You are such a wonderful and loving mom. Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!