Monday, August 15, 2011

Word Approximations

I had forgotten how much I loved this toddler stage.



Emmett is so cute.  He's talking so much.  About half the time, he's still only saying word approximations, but the pediatrician told me years ago that it still counts as a word.  Here are some of my favorites:

Me:  I love you!
Emmett:  Aye uh oo, ooo!

This morning he was eating a Toaster Strudel (healthy, I know!) and said, "Mmmm, ishious!"  (for delicious)

And when it comes to counting he gets all excited and points to everything on the page...
"Wuuuun, Wuuuuun, Wuuuun, Wuuuun!"

Recently he's upgraded his counting skills to saying, "One, Oooo, Eeee, Sits, Nine!"

And lastly...this picture of my boys says it all.  Emmett is a ham, and Tyson can be distracted but thoughtful at times.  Just this morning he was thinking about his age, "Mom!  I am four.  I'm still older.  I am older than a bear cub."  He also was relating to me that he's bigger than a golf-ball.  It's so funny how Tyson sees the world around him.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know im not the only mother who feeds her children toaster strudels:) Your boys are adorable! Isn't being a mother the BEST??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. You do such a great job documenting it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so so so stinkin cute! Some day you are going to love it even more than now, when their a little older and these faces look like baby versions of them. They are so cute.
    We were cracking up watching Tyson at the park tonight trying to pull up his wet swim suit after he peed behind a tree and neither you or Mitch saw, and then he couldn't get his pants up and he was trying to run for one of you for help, with his pants down around his knees... ha ha. luckily his shirt was long enough to cover the essentials... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!