Friday, August 26, 2011

THAT'S What I'm Talking About!!!!

We had a pesky little fly in our kitchen a couple days ago.  Tyson was concentrating on making his very own peanut butter and honey sandwich...with the crunchy kind of peanut butter.  All the fixing's were on the counter. He was on the stool, and each time he'd try to work on his sandwich, that silly fly would land on the island.  He stopped every time to bat at the fly with his hand!  About 15 minutes later he was finally done and got to eat his sandwich.

Later that day I was teaching piano lessons. I heard the toilet flushing, the lid slamming down and my favorite little 4 year old, yelling in triumph:  "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!"

When he came around the corner to tell me what happened, I asked him what it was that he was talking about, and he said, "I flushed the fly down the toilet!"  I was amazed that he caught or killed that pesky little fly, and then he divulged that he found a fly IN THE WINDOW SILL............. picked it up with a tissue............and flushed it with a vengeance.  He's so funny.

  He was completely satisfied with the events of the afternoon.  : )
________________________________________

TODAY.  At the table for dinner.  Tyson was PRAYING (in the middle of the prayer, no less).  This is how it went:  "Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. (Eyes peek up and wander around). And please bless that Emmett will keep learning how to go potty in the toilet, and learn how to cross the street...."  (Fly lands NEXT to Tyson). WHAM!!!   He whacks the fly with his bare hand.  I exclaim, "He JUST hit a fly !!!"  The prayer is totally over.  The fly is stunned for 3.2 seconds, starts to stumble off, and WHAM!!!  Definitely dead now.  As I get Tyson a tissue I tell him, "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT."      We let him wipe up the fly and FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET.

Mitch and I couldn't stop laughing as we were waiting for him to come back, and we shared a high-five for the greatness of the moment, and such a priceless kid.

Tyson came back.  We washed the germs off his hands. He sat down. He started the prayer VERBATIM with his previous prayer and then finished by thanking Heavenly Father for the food and to please bless it.


What a classic, epic, and hilarious moment in time.  And what a fantastic way to start our dinner!

5 comments:

  1. I died laughing and had to read it again out loud to Jacob. What a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Obviously, one of you say, "That's what I'm talking about" often....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so funny! You have such a cute family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. best. dinner. ever. THAT's what I'm talkin about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!