Friday, September 9, 2011

Independence

Tyson wanted a Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich the other night...since that's his FAVORITE meal of all time.  He insists on making his own. ALWAYS.  That cute, little, whipper-snapper.  Well, Emmett decided he wanted to make one, too.  He pushed a stool up next to the counter where Tyson was and climbed up.  I pulled out the bread for him and started to make the sandwich, and Emmett immediately insisted, "Iiiee ooo it, Iiieeooooit!"  So, of course I let him try to do it and he mashes the knife into the bread and makes a hole, and doesn't spread the peanut butter around in the slightest.  Eventually I persuaded him to let him help him just a little bit.  Amidst this whole process, Tyson leans over, changes his tone of voice and quietly encourages his brother, "  You know Emmett, when I was this age I couldn't make my own peanut butter and honey sandwiches, but then I COULD!" 

I about died.  It's so hilarious to me when kids think they're so old and experienced.  I just love it.  And it's so funny to me that my little Emmett, who isn't even 2, yet, thinks he can do everything his big brother can do.  I love my children.  They make my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!