Friday, February 24, 2012

Jelly? Ketchup? Same Diff!

I don't know exactly what it is about it, but I LOVE Strawberry jelly.  I have always loved strawberry ANYTHING: ice cream, dum-dums, bon-bons, you name it.  It's always been my favorite flavor--for as long as I can remember. 

Much to my dismay, my children LOVE grape jelly.  I don't know why, but they will choose grape over strawberry any day...at least Tyson ALWAYS will.  When I look at the pros and cons of which flavor of jelly to buy at the grocery store, practicality almost always wins out.  Grape is CHEAPER...like ALL THE TIME.  Except last week.  Last week Welch's squeezable jellies were the same price, no matter which flavor I chose, so I merrily put strawberry in my cart!!!  (After all, Tyson has been choosing honey lately for his PB sandwiches anyway, and I thought I might be able to sway Emmett to eat it--he's not as picky with his food.) 

At lunch the other day, I was relishing in the delicious taste of my sandwich and I told Emmett, "This is my FAVORITE kind of jelly!"

He looked at me. Looked at his food. Eyed the squeezable container. He FINALLY decided to taste his lunch and proclaimed, "Mmmm!  This my favorite kind of ketchup!!!"

Whatever works, right?  Looks like one of my children is seeing jelly from my point of view, even if he thinks it is easily comparable to ketchup.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same as you, strawberry ANYTHING is my favorite! But I do love grape jelly. Haha! I don't think I've ever had Welch's strawberry jelly... I will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something we have in common!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Strawberry ANYTHING!!!! I used to get sick off of eating so many strawberries from my Grandma Porter's strawberry patch!! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberry jelly too Deej! And Emmett is a cutie patootie! Love him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Costco's Organic Strawberry Jelly, it is devine and a great deal for literally a HUGE Jar of it. :) Love how Emmett thinks it is Ketchup. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!