Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Luv my Cuzin

I sat down to blog about something else, and just couldn't resist these pictures.  Erin took more pictures of our babies on her camera, but I didn't take the same pictures as she did because I was the one jumping up and down behind the photographer to get the babies to look at us.  Haha!
 
 
Miles & Hudson
 
This is what happens when one baby is in a straight-jacket and the other isn't--the wrapped up baby turns into a foot-rest, or teddy bear...whichever seems to be most comfortable for the other kid. : )



As soon as Miles saw Aunt Erin for the first time, he started GRINNING.  She would talk to him and he'd giggle and sometimes act shy.  It was SO FUN to watch them interact.  When he finally met Hudson for the first time, Miles just stared and stared.  He stared at Hudson when we sat next to him during the funeral, and when it was time to nurse Miles at church on Sunday, he wouldn't have a thing to do with eating until he stared at Aunt Erin & Hudson for about 10 minutes.  It was so funny.  We've been in the mother's lounge with other people before and he's never cared that anyone else was in there, but when Aunt Erin and Baby  Hudson were, he just wanted to look at them.  It was so darling.  We kind of wondered how the babies would react to each other.  When Hudson was being born, it was at a time when Miles wasn't smiling much, but when I told him, "Hey!  Your cousin is in the hospital trying to be born RIGHT NOW!" he immidiately smiled at me as if he understood exactly what was happening.  He did it again about a week later when my parents came back from VA.  My dad talked to him and told him he'd been hanging out with his cousin, Hudson, and Miles grinned.  My dad and I have had a "baby theory" for a long time that the veil is still thin for the babies as they're transitioning into life in this world and we wonder if maybe they remember hanging out with their family and friends in Heaven before they came here.  We wondered if maybe that time period would be getting "fuzzy" for Miles since he's getting older.  We weren't sure how he'd react.  In his own little way, I think he recognized his cousin Hudson because he just wanted to keep staring at him.  Haha!  Part of me wonders if Miles thought Hudson looked totally different in a baby body than he did as a Spirit.  It was almost like he was thinking, "I just can't put my thumb on this, but I think I know him." 
 
 
Although it was a sad occasion that brought Erin in town to be with family, I am SO HAPPY we got to see her and my adorable nephew.  I appreciate Hudson, because he's given me a new perspective on life.  I feel like I see the world in a different way and while I felt like I appreciated kids in general, and my Borden nieces and nephews, I feel like I can appreciate them all more now.  There were times when I'd hear other people talking about this kid or that kid and I'd think in my head, "Oh, well, sure that's kind of a cute thing they did, but it's no cuter than what Tyson & Emmett do."  But now that Hudson has been born to my sister, I can hear other people talk about kids in their family and appreciate it more.  The day Hudson was born, it's like a light bulb went off in my head and all of a sudden I GOT IT!  They talk so much about those kids because that is their BROTHER'S kids, or their SISTER'S kids, and THAT IS SPECIAL.  Special in a way I had never known before.  I love my nephew Hudson and the lessons he's teaching me.  I'm so glad I got to squeeze on him and kiss his little cheeks, and change his diaper, and rock him to sleep, and let him hang out with my little guy.  These days are so fun. I am so grateful for my life and the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me and my family.
 
Miles has a Borden cousin the exact same age that he's yet to meet.  I wonder how he and Merrill will "kick it off". : )  I hope it's not too long before they get to see each other, too.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute Deej! I wish I could have seen Erin while she was here, and meet Hudson. Maybe next time. And I agree with the "baby theory" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!