Thursday, September 5, 2013

More Kid-isms

  • A couple weeks ago, Emmett was talking to me about jewelry at a store.  When I held up a turtle necklace to look at it, he blurted out, "I didn't see that one comin'!"

  • It's becoming increasingly evident to me that males in general cannot MULTI-TASK.  Lucky me--I'm the only multi-tasker in the household.  For example, the other day it was Tyson's turn to unload the dishwasher.  Because I was in the kitchen with him, I decided to spend our time working together as quality time.  Making conversation as I helped him with the dishes, I asked, "How was your day at school."  He promptly responded with, "Wait a minute, please!  I'm doing the dishes first, then we can talk."

  • Recently, we were having a family night lesson on the Book of Mormon story about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life.  Before we explained anything, Tyson became pensive and said, "Wait.  So, the building is Satan; the tree is Jesus.  The rod is the Holy Spirit, and the ground they're on is like the Earth."  I loved his immediate scriptural comparisons to life in the way he sees it.  He's so smart!  I have often felt in the last few years like he's an old soul in a little boy's body.

  • Miles hasn't been saying very many words.  If we're lucky, though, we'll catch him saying my favorite word-approximation ever for "I love you."  I've never been able to catch it on film, but he will pound his mouth twice for two "ah" syllables (imagine the same way kids smack their open mouth when they pretend to be an Indian), and then he says "ooooo".  It's kind of like he's blowing kisses and saying the words at the same time, but hitting his mouth helps him separate the first two words.   "Ah-ah-oooo" means "I love you" from Miles--my sweet, baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!