Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ornaments

I think we finally got around to decorating our Christmas tree last week on the 16th or 17th of December. About time, right? It was amazing to me that Tyson actually understood what to do. He was whinning at my feet while I was decorating, and it's because he wanted to help. I was in awe as I let him decorate the Christmas tree, and as he helped me set up all of my nativities (he likes to point to Jesus and say, "Baby"). How exciting that at 17 months, he can already feel the Spirit of Christmas, and he wants to participate. This also reminds me of a Sunday night a about a week ago, when we went in the car with my mother-in-law to secretly drop off something to a family in their ward for the 12 days of Christmas. Tyson had never done that before, but he totally understood what was going on. He knew we were doing something nice for someone, and he got all excited as we drove off. It's amazing to me what he can understand, and I'm grateful that he's developing at an early age, an appreciation, in his own, small, little way for the things that we cherish at Christmas time.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!