Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Little Lizards

 
 

Over Spring Break we decided to go to the Rock Gym to use our passes that Mitch won way-back-when. We rushed over there for a family night and drug my little bro, Heber, along.  He had a pass, too.  It's been years since I have been rock climbing and it was my boys' first time.  They are NATURALS.  The second their ropes & little carabiners were tied and latched they just scuttled up the wall as fast as can be.
 
See that tiny little speck in the yellow?  That's Tyson--he started to freak out because he didn't want to repel down--can you blame him?  He's only 5, and we didn't really think about teaching him how to come down until it was time for him to come down...so, his first repelling experience included his father climbing up to get him and help him along the way.  :)   By the end of the night, however, he was a little natural at repelling down the wall, too. 

 
See that larger, tiny speck?  That's Heber.  What a STUD!  We were so GLAD he came with us to belay, share time together, and show off his MAD rock climbing skills.

 
Emmett finally decided to climb about 20 minutes before we left.  He had fun, too, and this time around, Mitch held him off the ground by the rope to teach him that he can be safe leaning back into the rope and pushing against the wall on the way down.  Emmett didn't climb as high as Tyson, but he's only 3, and I'm telling you, he is a NATURAL at repelling.  Cute kid!


I know this picture is WAY posed, but I'm telling you, you don't want to see photos of our buns while we were climbing the walls.  Haha!  Mitch is amazing, just like Heber, and can climb the hard courses using only the correct colors of tape.  I, on the other hand, can make it to touch the bar at the top, but I don't care about course difficulty or following colors (for me that doesn't count as cheating).  Haha! 

Life is good.  Someday I'll insert a group photo with Heber, but he has to give it to me first.

{Insert group photo with Heber here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!