Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pajama Pants

 
As far as mother-in-laws go, I happen to have the BEST one.  I'm not just biased, either.  You could look the world over, interview millions of people, and still find that Myrna is the cream of the crop.  There are days I sit and contemplate what I can learn from her, and how I can be like her, so that I'll know what to do when my kids get married and I become a mother-in-law.  I think it's probably hard to let your little boys grow up and get married and start families of their own, because that's when everything really changes.  I am personally dreading the separation factor someday--not that I don't want my little boys to grow into wonderful men, because I do.  I'm afraid that they won't come back and visit me all the time.  One thing I'm realizing, too, is that this is the only phase in my life where my little boys will only be MY little boys (and Mitch's).  Someday I'm going to have to share them with other families--which is not a bad thing--I'm just realizing that I need to enjoy this time in my life with my kids for what it is, because it won't always be the same.  It won't always be like this, and they won't always want or need me.  I certainly hope they'll always want and need their mother, but I know it'll probably be in different ways and I know that change can be hard.
 
At any rate, Myrna made all of her kids and grandkids matching pajama pants for Christmas with matching T-shirts from Hawaii--the ONLY stipulation was that she needed us to take family pictures in them.  Her words have been haunting me for months: "I don't care if you never wear them again, just take a picture in them for me."  That was Christmas Eve--I was ready to take a picture then and there, but it was decided we should take the picture on Christmas morning.  But then the Plague of 2012 happened and Mitch and Tyson were puking for Christmas.  So, here we are.  It's APRIL.  She has NEVER said anything negative, even though she could have.  She could have bawled us out and told us to get our act together and quit taking so long, BUT SHE DIDN'T!  And I'm so grateful for her kindness, love, and patience.  So that she doesn't think we're ingrates, here are our family pictures (Mitch set up the camera and we snapped photos with a remote...we had to get creative to keep the kids interested enough in hopes that we would MAYBE snap one good shot). 
 
 
 

 



 

 
 
 

 
(We moved locations once we realized that the flash brings out the smudges on the glass door of the fireplace.  Oops!  Haha!)
Mitch and I think this one is hilarious.  We're trying to figure out what exactly happened to merit a baby that looks dazed, a 3 year old with a scowl, and a funny smile from our oldest.
 
 


Ta-Da!  Mission Accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously laughing so hard!! Those are GREAT pictures! And SUPER cute pajama pants. I would wear those EVERYDAY!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I love these pictures! They are all cute and I just love your family! Every single one! I want to jump in the pictures and join you all. What adorable pajama pants and shirts! I love that she made you all matching pj's. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!