Thursday, November 14, 2013

Things I Miss

I really miss blogging.

Remember that super-awesome-lucky week we had winning tools?  We had the bad luck to match it the following week: getting sick, dentist trip, served photo-radar ticket, broken brakes & more on the work truck, my son's abscessed tooth didn't go away with the anti-biotic, so it looks like it's going to need to be pulled early since it's a dying tooth from a slide injury a couple years back...and there's one more thing that happened...what was it?  OH, YEAH!  My computer got a virus, so I can't blog at will (especially since I don't have Internet access on my phone).  Seriously this list is so comical to me!  And then to top it off, Mitch didn't get his tools delivered, yet, because in the contract, he could only choose tools from the list they provided, and some of his choices were offered at Home Depot but were not on "THE LIST"...so we're not complaining at all.  He's been really excited to get his tools and thought he'd have them by now, but on the bright side, they'll probably show up for Christmas, and then we won't have to worry about getting him gifts. (TOTALLY KIDDING HONEY!)

If any of these things had happened on their own, we would have just paid to get it all fixed, and moved on with our lives.  But since it all happened at once, we had to prioritize.  So, we fixed the work truck, got anti-biotics for the sick kids, and I visited the dentist to avoid 2 root canals for my lovely teeth.  Very soon, my computer will be repaired and my son's tooth will be pulled, and the ticket will get paid by the due date.  So, all is fine and dandy, it's just HILARIOUS that when it rains it pours!  There must be "opposition" in all things.

In the mean time, I have missed blogging.  It's a nice outlet to be able to express myself.  Sometimes I feel like I leave a little mark on the world.  Sometimes I feel like I have camaraderie by comments left or by what people tell me in person about a post I wrote.  Sometimes I have a love/hate relationship with the Digital Age, because people don't understand what you mean because they can't hear the tone of your voice, and sometimes it feels so sterile because the people you used to be the closest to lost their desire to talk on the phone anymore and hardly ever text, and then you find that even with all the drawbacks of the Digital Age, you have become closer to other people that you would have never met, had it not been for the positive blessings that come from social media connections.  Even with the new found friendships I have gained, I still truly miss the relationships I used to have with close friends, because the Digital Age has drawn us apart. Sometimes when I blog, I feel like no one really listens, or cares, but it's still beneficial for me.  All the time that I blog, I love remembering how my kids and husband enrich and bless my life. 

Before this myriad of problems deluged our week, I thought my life was over because I was sick with a fever.  I had Mitchell give me a blessing as I was stressing out about many things to come...namely how we're going to afford the Unaffordable Care Act imposed upon us by Obamacare...insurance prices so sky high it WILL change the course of our family life, and may possibly dramatically affect my ability to spend quality time with my kids as a stay-at-home mom.  And amid the peace of the priesthood blessing that I received I was told, "The problems won't stop coming, but don't let it change who you are."
At first that wasn't what I expected or necessarily wanted to hear as I petitioned our Father in Heaven, but in the coming days I was so grateful that I had that "warning" of sorts, so that I could just laugh it off when I saw the computer virus.  And I didn't freak out when I heard Mitch saying, "Honey...uh...it's not just the brakes that need to be fixed."  I found that I could actually smile and say "thank you" to the nice, semi-chubby, short, and nervous man wearing a blue button up dress shirt as he delivered the photo-radar ticket from AUGUST...had it been delivered ONE day later, it would have been invalid.  And I was glad that I was only paying hundreds to the dentist and not thousands. 

We live in a scary day and age.  America is not what it used to be.  This change that has come is taking away the hope of the American Dream as we knew it, but we are Patriots.  We will get through.  We will continue to fight for our freedoms, and while these burdens are placed on our backs, until they are taken away, I know that the Lord will increase our ability to withstand.  The problems aren't going to go away, but it's not going to change who I am.  I am alive in the Lord.  I have faith in the Lord.  I love my kids.  I love my husband.  I will bear these burdens gladly, and remember that it could be MUCH worse - we need to pray for others who are worse off, like the victims of the Typhoon in the Philippines - they're having harder problems than the rest of us in the States.

And in the mean time, I can be grateful to vent it all out since my parents still have Internet access at their house...while I'm waiting to get that problem solved at my own.  Thanks Mom & Dad for letting me blog at your house.  :)

Even though I got to blog today.  I still miss it.

Hopefully I'll be back soon. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!