Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Too much fun

I enjoyed Haloween this year; it's a great time to be neighborly, and both Mitch and I had the opportunity to visit with neighbors who we don't get to see that often. We live on a great street, and it's good to get to know our neighbors better.

The Boys' First Halloween as brothers!!!! (Emmett, you crack us up!)

Tyson made the neighbors all laugh, because he was bouncing around like Tigger. He had been practicing his bounce for Halloween. He was so cute knocking on doors, saying Trick-or-treat, and thank you. He told me this year, "I love Halloween! I love candy!"

This was our special "Jack-o-lantern" pizza from Papa Murphey's. We could barely eat it between the constant ringing of the doorbell. Tyson kept hopping up between bites to run to the door & pass out candy. He was as excited to pass out the goods as he was to dress up & go out himself.

Here we are at the ward party. Tyson was in his giraffe costume that night (the one that he picked out months ago at Costco, and the one that I had to con him into wearing). Unfortunately, Tyson shoved the giraffe hood off of his head right before the picture. There's NO WAY I'll be able to get him in that costume for a picture again this year. *sigh* Oh well. It really was cute when he walked around in it. Mitch and I were dressed up as the scariest thing we could think of: Pres. Obama & his wife. Haha! The funniest part was that I said that to people & got a bunch of mixed reactions, so I decided I would just let it be & quit saying that to everyone.

A couple weeks ago, we went to the Pumpkin Patch. Tyson was so excited & loved the pumpkin patch. He's got an awesome memory. You could ask him about it even now, and he'd tell you everything we did there: decorated pumpkins & put stickers on them, saw goats, chickens, pigs & a cow, played in a bouncy thing, went in a maze. It was a trip worth making.

Here's Tyson with his friends that came with us, Mike & Jake.


5 comments:

  1. How cute! Call me sometime and I'll tag along with ya in these fun adventures!!!! Tyson lost his baby face :( He sure is growing...and FAST!!! LOVE that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally LOVE the whole Obama thing - that is GREAT!! Your baby is getting so big - boys are the BEST! Sure do love ya D-Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They looked adorable!! And yes I put CRAPPY Halloween because it is my least favorite holiday...matter of fact I don't consider it a holiday! I do enjoy hanging with my family and eating lots of junk though:) Sure love ya...kiss that baby for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cute. i loved the pictures of the baby faces in the previous post. its something you just don't get until you have a baby, that you can just sit for hours and stare at their darling face and be entertained and in heaven!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute in their costumes! And I love yours and Mitch's costume too - very scary! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!