Friday, February 5, 2010

Fingerpainting!!!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time! It reminds me of one of my all time favorite Taylor Swift songs, too. "I found a video of back when I was three, you set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me. It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarves, and Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world. I don't know why all the leaves change in the fall, but I know you're not scared of anything at all, and I love you for giving me your eyes, and standing back and watching me shine, and I didn't know if you knew, so I'm taking this chance to say that I HAD THE BEST DAY WITH YOU, TODAY." That's exactly how I feel on days with these like Tyson--I have the best days with him. I would not trade this time with him for the world. I had been making crafts for Christmas and all my stuff was out, so I let him participate in a little bit of fingerpainting madness.

We had so much fun that day that we decided to invite...I kid you not...about 15 other preschool age kids over to paint with us a week later. HAHAHA! What were we thinking, right? Except this time, we did it outside. It was a BLAST. My only regret is that I didn't get all of the kids in a picture to show the proof of how many kids we had there fingerpainting, karo syrup painting, and marble painting. Here's Tyson & Juliette painting oh-so-carefully on their festive papers. I LOVE IT! Tyson did little dots of paint on his snowman's eyes. He's really beginning to start paying attention to detail.


Katie with 6 of the adorable kids who came.




McKayla & Parks, and Sonnet's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!