Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fighting Bad Guys

Tyson is Little Mr. Imaginary. Fighting imaginary bad guys, talking to imaginary cows, wildebeasts, polar bears, lions, tigers, and handling imaginary dragons, bunnies, birds, and pocket sized turtles are all common occurances for him.

Today I was in the kitchen making the baby some baby food when I heard, "Whapoosh! Guys!!!! Change your life!!!!" Tyson kicked some imaginary-bad-guy-bootie, and started preaching to them about what they should be doing instead! I was laughing so hard!

What's even better is that the only time I ever can remember saying anything close to that was about 3 weeks ago during scripture study I was trying to explain to Tyson what the scripture meant and said something about how sometimes people make bad choices but Heavenly Father and Jesus love us no matter what and will help us when we ask for it if we'll follow them and change our lives. I totally didn't think it would sink in because that was the first time I had ever tried to explain a concept like repentance to him. Well, it appears he understood it well enough because he applied it in imaginary time with his bad-guy-buddies. We'll see what happens. Maybe those "guys" will listen to Tyson--you never know. In the mean time, I'm going to quit underestimating what a 2 1/2 year old can and can't understand.

3 comments:

  1. Those moments of motherhood are so AWESOME! I love it when I can see the wheels turning, or when previous conversations are brought up - especially when I've been wondering if it was even comprehended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute Deej! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I had to get a glimpse of your life and you look like you are enjoying to the end!! YOu have suh a cute family

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!