Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Aunt "Civil"



"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
--Preamble to the Declaration of Independence

This Spring, my Aunt Sylvia Allen was sworn in as a State Senator. What an honor it was to be there! I love our country and our state, and so does my "Aunt Civil-rights" as we call her. I don't know anyone who holds truth and freedom any closer to their heart & demonstrates it better than my Aunt Sylvia. She's doing a great job!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to second what Debra Jo has stated about our wonderful Aunt Silvia! When reading the words to The Decleration of Independence. You can't help but feel the warmth of honor and gratitude to live in such a wonderful Country. If their is anyone who truly loves the Red, White, and Blue that is our Aunt Silvia we are so proud of her and for her diligence to our country. We love you Aunt Silvia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!