Wednesday, September 17, 2008

4 Years, Baby!

Today is our 4th Anniversary; we love being married. It started out as quite a regular day, but we went out to dinner anyway. Amidst work, school, and moving, we are lucky we fit in a dinner together. Thankfully my mom watched Tyson for us--she knew that we needed time together to celebrate our special day. I sure love my mom! Mitch went to part of his class, and skipped out at the break, at which point we went to On the Border. We had a great waiter named Dan & he gave us a free desert for our anniversary. It was great! Despite our cozy booth, there was a table of drunk African American women on the other side of the wall speaking fluent Ebonics. : ) Mitch and I just had to laugh. I thought they were mad at each other, but he said that yelling was just their form of communication. I didn't believe him until we heard their conversation change from yelling & cussing, to Dr. Phil, cousins kicking it no matter what the age, the $ nurses make, and praying to God for the each other. As you can tell, we couldn't really focus on our own conversation, but it's okay. Dan announced to everyone in the restaurant that it was our anniversary & they sang a butchered version of a celebration song. Brittany Heil from elementary school was a host there & it was great to see her again.
Mitch-Hubby, thanks for dinner! I love you! You're the best & I'm so lucky I married you! It's been a great 4 years--let's keep it going forever! You're the love of my life...tied with Tyson. I've never been happier than when I'm with you. Love, D-Jo

7 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!! CONGRATS on four years! Four down and an ETERNIY to go:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I feel like the CRAPPIEST best friend ever!! I totally know the day you got married and I have so much freaking homework, it slipped my mind! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Can you believe it has been 4 years?!?! CRAZY!!! I need to get on the move already, geez! I remember your wedding day VERY clearly. Standing outside the temple, it was so HOT, Heber complaining you were taking too long to come out (now that was hilarious), taking pictures, and watching Mitchell run in and out of the church building when the reception ended, hurrying to leave and turning to me and saying something like, "You'll understand when you get married!" HA HA HA!

    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! I'm so glad you married an awesome guy Deej. You guys are PERFECT for each other. What a lucky girl you are. I hope my future husband is 1/2 of what Mitch is like. Hope your special day was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary!!! doesn't time fly? you by the way are looking so good, great job on the weight loss, i can totally tell in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. It's really been 4 years already?! Crazy. Glad you guys got to go out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl its been a while! Congrats to you guys! You look so so happy!
    Love Sher

    ReplyDelete
  6. D-Jo!
    Hi, how are you! Congrats on moving! So much fun. Congrats on 4 years too. Being married is lots of fun. We're almost to 3 years next month. Talk to you soon!
    Love,
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a great time, it wasn't as good as our first or third anniversary, but it beat our second when we were watching all the Tenney kids, and they all came to dinner with us. Luckily this time it was just the two of us. I love Debra Jo and am so glad I conned her into saying yes four years ago. Now she is syuck with me. I love you Deej.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!