Monday, September 22, 2008

Wear Sunscreen--You're Too Young to Die!

I went to the dermatologist this morning, because I have this little pink & flaky spot on my nose that won't go away (it's been there for 8-9 months). She believes it's pre-cancer. Isn't that lovely?! I'll know in 2 weeks for sure if it's really pre-cancer, because the cream she prescribed me is something that only reacts to pre-cancerous cells. If the spot goes away, it was pre-cancer; if not, it's something that can be removed with laser surgery. The point is that when you have fair skin, you shouldn't take chances. When in doubt, wear sunscreen--even at a 15 minute recess, especially in the summer time (or any time), and on the lake or the beach. Supposedly a pre-cancerous cell has 80% chance of it doing nothing, and 20% chance of it turning into skin cancer, but you don't know if you're going to be in the 80 part or the 20 part, so you need to take care of yourself. Ask yourself if you're too young to die: if the answer is "yes," you should stock up on the creamy stuff that protects your life. I think I'm going to go add the Sunscreen song to my Playlist, now. : )